Bring your bisqueware to Brighton to be fired in the Raku kiln on "Raku Sunday"
This is a day for potters to bring their bisqued work to the studio to be glazed in the morning and then fired soon thereafter. (Bisqued pots are also available for purchase.) During the morning glaze session guidance is provided to familiarize you with the decorating possibilities on offer. You are also welcome to use your own glazes (top kiln temp ~980 - 1000C). There are usually 3-4 firings with 5-6 participants.
The schedule for the day:
- 9 to 10:30am glazing session
- 11am first firing
- Pot luck lunch after seeing results from the 1st firing!
- Additional firings after lunch until all work is completed
Costs for the day are based on:
- morning glazing tuition (optional)
- the number of pots decorated using the supplied glazing materials
- and the total kiln space your work displaces in each firing
A £20 non-refundable deposit will hold your place on the date of your choice:
The current plan is for sessions to begin again in 2021. Please check back as restrictions ease ... thanks