For most of the last decade I have gone back to using raku kiln and pit fire techniques to create my work. To learn from each firing and gain increasing control over the results is very satisfying ... and yet there will always be that distinct combination of form, decoration, fuel type, firing rate, kiln atmosphere, weather, and of course a bit of alchemy that makes each piece unique.
Recent and planned UK shows:
-2021 May, Artists Open Houses, Brighton, 169 Preston Drove, (5 Ways Trail)
- 2020 Xmas, Artists Open Houses, Brighton, 169 Preston Drove, (5 Ways Trail)
- 2020 Aug, Art in Clay, Hatfield, (cancelled)
- 2020 Aug, Pots in the Pens, Penrith, Cumbria, (cancelled)
- 2020 Feb, Coachwerks, Brighton, "Make.Connect" show
- 2019 May and Xmas, Artists Open Houses, Brighton, 169 Preston Drove, (5 Ways Trail)
- 2019 June, Artist Open Houses, Worthing, conducted "Intro to Raku" workshops in collaboration with John Evans Ceramics
- 2018 Aug, Art In Clay, Hatfield
- 2018 May, Artists Open Houses, Brighton
I am looking forward to a time in the near future (hopefully!) when I will be able to restart our monthly open raku firing sessions in Brighton. Please click here (Raku Sunday) to see more details about future firing sessions.